FVFL is proud to announce our partnership with Urban Oasis for “Healthy Meal Making Class,” through our Jump Start To The New You Program. This ten week program addressed the need of learning how to prepare healthy nutritious meals with whole foods. For details on the next class please contact Lois Steward at: 651-774-6663 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our class’ favorite recipe!
Simple Frittata With Kale: Serves 8
8 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups trimmed thinly sliced lacinato (dino) kale
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces turkey Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine eggs,salt,pepper; stir with a whisk.
2. Heat one tablespoon of oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add turkey
sausage, and saute’ until browned. Set aside.
3. in same 12-inch skillet, saute’ sliced kale in olive oil until tender, add peppers and
saute’ for 1 minute.
4. Layer in sausage and vegetable mixture.
5. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese
6. Carefully pour egg mixture over feta cheese. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes
or until eggs are partially set and then bake 12 – 25 minutes or until browned and set.